Lose weight cycling is a fun and enjoyable way to improve your health and to make you feel better. Pedaling down a rural road or through a city park rouses your spirit and awakens your senses.
A regular routine to lose weight cycling can reduce the risk of serious conditions such as heart disease, high blood pressure and obesity.
One of the most powerful arguments for encouraging more people to cycle is that it leads to considerable improvements in public health.
Benefits of Cycling
- Cycling is also a good way to improve your balance and co-ordination. It enhances your general well-being and promotes mental health. Beyond the health benefits, it’s an enjoyable way to get around.
- Getting on your cycling bike regularly can also be an effective form of aerobic exercise. Cycling can have positive effects on how we feel too.
- Moderate exercise has been found to reduce levels of stress and depression, improve mood and raise self esteem. It has also been found, in some instances, to relieve symptoms of PMS.
- Benefits in strength and agility can come from regular cycling also. There are no real-age barriers to cycling and people at almost any fitness level can begin slowly and gently if necessary.
- Physically active older people can reduce the rate of hip fractures with regular cycling exercise. Most of the negative things we associate with aging aren’t a result of chronological aging but rather a lack of physical activity.
A recent study found that even a small amount of cycling for weight loss can lead to a significant fitness gain. Aerobic fitness was boosted by 11 percent after just 6 weeks of cycling short distances four times a week.
Cycling is as gently on your body as a sport can be. It is a non weight bearing exercise so it’s easy on your joints, even the achy ones. It can be a wonderful way to get exercise and lose weight without pain.
They say once you learn to ride a bike you never forget and that is true. The motion and balance come back to you very quickly. If you’re looking to get outside more often and improve your fitness, biking is the answer.
If your looking to lose weight cycling, jump on your bike and leave your worries and stress at home. Enjoy your ride. Just think you could be at work instead.
Note from Brigadoon Fitness
Cycling can be a great way to lose weight and get healthier. You can ride a bike outside or inside.
We have all heard that regular physical activity can help protect you from serious diseases such as obesity, heart disease, cancer, mental illness, diabetes and arthritis. Riding your bike regularly is one of the best ways to reduce your risk of health problems associated with a sedentary lifestyle.
Cycling is a healthy, low-impact exercise that can be enjoyed by people of all ages, from young children to older adults.
But how much time is appropriate for cycling each day? Riding 30 minutes three to four times a week can help accelerate your weight loss and significantly improve your fitness levels. 30 minutes of moderate-intensity cycling 4 times a week can burn almost 3 pounds of fat per month.
For indoor bikes we recommend the True Fitness Upright Bike – UC900. It’s a great size for a small space and you can monitor your heart rate as well as choose from several fitness programs on the big screen console. Or choose the True Fitness Recumbent Bike – RC400. This is a self powered and compact bike. Just like the UC900, it has a great console that you can choose from different riding programs.
Whichever you choose, give Brigadoon Fitness a call and talk to our experts to help you find the right indoor bike for you.